Posted on March 2018
This is a free conference for front line practitioners focusing on safeguarding children at risk. The conference will be held at DW Stadium on 29th March 2018 from 9.30am (10am start) - 4.30pm.
Wigan Safeguarding Adults Board is delighted to invite you to their fourth Annual Safeguarding Adults Conference.
This year we will be looking at the safeguarding implications over people’s life course. Part of this is the launch of the Deal for Safeguarding that promotes a shared vision of working in partnership with the public and that safeguarding is everybody’s business together with the launch of the Safeguarding Adult Policy and Procedure.
The Board are delighted to have the Afterthought Drama Group returning to provide us with the opportunity to reflect on “think family and transition” in the life course of an individual who may be at risk.
Other items of interest will be added to the agenda and we hope that you can attend this exciting conference that will cover key topics from a local perspective.
Please pass this on to other colleagues who may wish to attend, but do confirm your attendance as soon as possible as places go quickly!
Our events are usually oversubscribed so early booking is essential.
Please reserve your place by using the booking procedure below:
To register on the WSCB Training Portal:
- Go to WSCB E-learning (external link).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register’
- You will be presented with a drop down menu, please select your organisation and then click ‘register’ again.
- Complete the information, click ‘register’ and you will be presented with a ‘Success’ screen.
- You will then receive an automated email to the registered email address with instructions about logging on to the system.
Once you have registered as above (or if you are already registered), to request a place on the 2018 WSCB Conference:
- Log into the WSCB Training Portal. You should be able to see three tabs on the screen, please select ‘requested learning’ and then ‘course request’, you will then be presented with a full list of training we provide.
- Scroll through the list, identify ‘2018 WSCB Conference’ and click ‘request course’
- Once we authorise this, you will receive an email confirming that you’re learning request has been approved.
For your information, the Training and Development cost recovery charging policy is in place for this event.